The Prince of Darkness has vanished, leaving Archfiends to conspire: muster your legions while intoning dark sorceries, devilish schemes, and machiavellian plots. Who will be the new ruler of Hell and ascend the Throne?
As a powerful fallen Archfiend, sinister overlords of the Infernal Kingdom of Hell, you are a contender for the Infernal Throne – the Great Dark Majesty is missing and the feverish Conclave demands a replacement declared. Command dread legions, enlist champion praetors, cast sinister rituals, and outplay your rivals to become Hell’s new Dark Majesty.
In this brand new title players will be able to go deep into a reimagined version of 2009’s Solium Infernum, complete with all-new single-player scenarios and scheme-in-your-sleep asynchronous multiplayer matches that will require cunning moves and political wit to outplay their opponents. The game will be modernized and built in 3D with a totally updated visual interface to bring it in line with League of Geek’s unique and acclaimed aesthetic and production values.
In Solium Infernum, all participants take turns simultaneously; with each player only able to see their enemies’ schemes unfold after making their own choices. The game will offer a full range of experiences, from 2-4 hour single-player games to epic, weeklong six-player multiplayer matches that require only a few minutes to play a day.
Select one of eight Archfiends at the start of a match, then customise the villain’s defining Perks to suit different playstyles. Choose secret Schemes during the campaign, increase Power levels, and more. Master evil’s five spheres: Wrath, Deceit, Prophecy, Destruction, and Charisma. Command more than 50 different Legions and demonic Praetors to conquer Places of Power and claim Artifacts for wicked boons.
Originally inspired by Milton’s epic poem, Paradise Lost, League of Geeks’ (known for seminal digital board game Armello) sophomore title is a re-imagining and modernisation of Vic Davis’ critically acclaimed cult-classic of the same name, hailed as a masterpiece of strategy game design.
“The original Solium Infernum is one of the most remarkable videogames ever made. Its evocative, Milton-inspired vision of Hell and deep focus on political intrigue are unlike anything else on the market,” said Trent Kusters, Co-Founder and Director, League of Geeks. “We are honoured and ecstatic to bring Solium Infernum into the limelight it has always deserved!”
- Solium Infernum is a simultaneous turn-based political strategy game for up to six players that requires nerves of steel and a heart of darkness. Put your mind – and your friendships – to the test.
- In your path to victory stands the hellish red tape of Pandaemonium, Hell’s capital, and its Infernal Conclave. You’ll need to deftly navigate the Conclave’s labyrinthine political systems that govern and control the Fallen, whilst avoiding the insidious plots of your fellow Archfiends.
- Every order you give will have a lasting consequence, and Solium Infernum’s simultaneous turn structure will force you into the minds of your rivals, second-guessing both their moves and your own.
- Play as one of eight powerful, sinister Archfiends, High Demon Rulers of the Great Houses of Hell, as they vy for control of Hell’s capital, Pandaemonium.
- Painstakingly crafted, each Archfiend has their own unique powers and demonic assets – strongholds, legions and champion praetors – at their bidding.
- Play a game of politics, master powerful sorceries, or become a wrathful warmonger. Use Events, Rituals, Diplomacy and Schemes wisely, as you make your choices and specialise your play style with Power trees that unlock dark powers.
- Play intense multiplayer games of deceit and politics in a single session, or enjoy Solium Infernum’s infamous asynchronous multiplayer for a truly harrowing scheme-in-your-sleep experience.
- Asynchronous multiplayer delivers the depth of Grand Strategy and a diabolical conquest for the Throne of Hell in an accessible format, delivered in 5-15 minute bursts over multiple days or even weeks long with your (soon to be ex-) friends.
- Show the underworld who is the most powerful, cunning, and infamous Archfiend of them all.
- Prepare for a striking vision of Hell unlike anything you’ve seen before, a truly twisted mindscape of the Underworld.
- Solium Infernum is an infernal feast for the eyes with over 150 individual dark paintings to enjoy.
- LoG’s acclaimed aesthetic signature is on full display as you navigate the pathways of the pit, and contend with its surreal denizens.
Solium Infernum is coming to PC (Steam) in 2023.
More articles about Solium Infernum