To beat Mega Ampharos in a Pokémon GO Raid Battle, Trainers must prepare a team of pocket monsters with Movesets that counter Electric and Dragon.
Mega Ampharos, the Mega form of the Ampharos and the final Evolution of the Mareep family, is a Raid Boss in Pokémon GO that is scheduled to appear in AR Gyms between Thursday, August 25 to Wednesday, August 31, 2022. While it looks harmless with cute features such as a cotton candy-style tail and Dango-like horns, this pocket monster is exceptionally powerful, wielding 55,876 CP, with an ATK stat of 244 and Defense of 172. Therefore, it is essential Trainers understand this Pokémon GO Raid Boss’s weaknesses and counters before attempting to confront it in battle.
Mega Ampharos is an Electric- and Dragon-type Pokémon that is highly resistant to Electric Moves and strong against Flying, Steel, Fire, Water, and Grass attacks. On the other hand, its dual-elemental characteristics make it vulnerable to Ground, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy abilities. Accordingly, those aiming to get the best results from their Mega Raid are advised to assemble a party of Pokémon that provide these four countering elements in their Movesets.
For countering Mega Ampharos in Pokémon GO, the best choices would be Legendaries and Shadow Pokémon, such as Mega Latios, Shadow Dragonite, Shadow Salamence, Mega Latias, and Shadow Latios. Each of these monsters will deal optimal damage to Mega Ampharos when equipped with Dragon-type Moves. Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, and Outrage are the Fast and Charged Moves that Trainers should choose for the best performance in battle in Pokémon GO.
How To Beat Mega Ampharos In A Pokémon GO Raid
Suppose some Trainers do not have the powerful Legendary or Shadow monsters mentioned above. In that case, there are plenty of standard Pokémon they can use to beat Mega Ampharos in A Pokémon GO Raid. Below is a small index of the top-tier pocket monsters to bring to the Mega Raid, categorized by type:
Best Dragon-type Counters For Mega Ampharos
- Garchomp — Type: Dragon and Ground | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Dragon Tail, Charged Move: Outrage
- Salamence — Type: Dragon and Flying | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Dragon Tail, Charged Move: Outrage
Best Ground-type Counters For Mega Ampharos
- Rhyperior — Type: Ground and Rock | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Mud-slap, Charged Move: Earthquake
- Excadrill — Type: Ground and Steel | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Mud-slap, Charged Move: Drill Run
Best Ice-type Counters For Mega Ampharos
- Mamoswine — Type: Ice and Ground | Best Moveset in Pokémon GO – Fast Move: Mud-slap, Charged Move: Avalanche
- Galarian Darmanitan — Type: Ice | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Ice Fang, Charged Move: Avalanche
Best Fairy-type Counters For Mega Ampharos
- Gardevoir — Type: Fairy and Psychic | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Charm, Charged Move: Dazzling Gleam
- Sylveon — Type: Fairy | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Charm, Charged Move: Dazzling Gleam
Next: Pokémon GO: Abra Raid Guide (Best Counters & Weaknesses)
Pokémon GO is available on iOS and Android.